Sunday, November 29, 2009

How quickly (or slowly) does shaved hair on the head of a girl grow?

My 25 year old cousin has a HUGE problem.She was born with very sparse hair on her head.The hairs are also fine,which makes her look even balder.She has tried various forms of theraphy,all unfortunately to no avail.She has had better luck with changes of hairstyle,though not much.When her head is even slightly wet,or parted/tied in the wrong side/angle,you can actually see her scalp through it.Now she has heard someone say that shaving it off makes it grow stronger %26amp; thicker.I am kind of sceptic though.I don't want her to make a mistake %26amp; then suffer the consequences for years over that.How long will it take for the hair to reach atleast her shoulders?



How quickly (or slowly) does shaved hair on the head of a girl grow?

The average rate of hair growth for anyone is about a half inch per month, depending on the individual, some more, some less. Nutrition, health, and proper vitamin intake also have a lot to do with it. Certain vitamins support healthy hair and nail growth. But! I have also heard that shaving any hair does NOT increase hair thickness or growth. I hope she has consulted a dermatologist.



How quickly (or slowly) does shaved hair on the head of a girl grow?

shaving the head does not make hair grow in thicker or faster...



hair grows an avg. of 1/2 per month



How quickly (or slowly) does shaved hair on the head of a girl grow?

I've heard that, too, and I assure you it's an old wives' tale. Cutting or shaving hair does NOT cause it to grow in thicker or any faster.



I mean, be realistic: how could cutting a hair stimulate it to grow in any way other than it HAS been? Cutting the hair shaft does nothing to change the follicle, which is where the hair is created, deep inside the scalp.



Your unfortunate cousin must look elsewhere for a solution, and I send her my best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan